I was wondering if, from the POV of the underlying mechanics of the machine contexts, the pre-condition for pth_uctx_switch that the "to"-context needs to be flagged as "configured" (uc_mctx_set == TRUE), really needs to hold in special case if the "to"-context is the same as the "from"-context?

That is, if the sequence

 r = pth_uctx_create (*ctx)
 r = pth_uctx_switch (ctx, ctx)

could/should be possible? Doesn't the "to"-context get configured through the switch quasi "atomically" so it _is_ actually configured at the time of the "switch-to" operation within pth_uctx_switch?

Background: this would ease the creation of the "main thread" in certain cases where the first context switch away from the main thread is hidden inside a scheduler. Now I solve it with a quick switch to and back from a dummy thread.

Thanks
- Stefan

--
Stefan Brantschen