In comp.soft-sys.ptolemy, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Is there any info anywhere (that I am oviously incapable of locating)
> on how to connect/wire parameters to sliders and other AWT gui widgets
> instead of just TextFields (default behavior) of diagrams at simuation
> runtime within Ptolemy II?
>
> If that was possible, then one could use a slider (or a PLAY button)
> at runtime, instead say of a Ramp actor internally, to control
> interactively the simulation.
>
> I guess the "hard way" would be to make a model and to use the
> shallow/applet code generation feature. Then take the generated java
> source and "manually" rewrite the part that assigns a slider instead
> of a text field on the parameter of interest.
>
> I was hoping for some less "involved" process than fiddling with the
> source code :-)
>
> Thank you immensely for your responses
>
> -john michopoulos, sr research scie.
> Naval Research Lab.

$PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/gui/SliderSource.java is a start at a Slider.
To use it, you could add the following lines to
$PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/sources.xml:

<entity name="SliderSource" class="ptolemy.actor.lib.gui.SliderSource">
<doc>Create values from a slider on the screen</doc>
</entity>

Offhand, I'm not sure why it was not included in sources.xml, but I
believe that there were some issues.

-Christopher