"w azure" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
-----
        I want to experiment in the platform made of esterel compiler
    ,polis.linux.0.4 and ptolemy II in the linux os.I have downloaded all the
    necessary software,including the esterelv5_92 for linux,polis.linux.0.4 and

    ptolemy II for linux.Now I found a problem which is that the polis need
    ptolemy.071,but i don't use the ptolemy classic,and i only use ptolemy
    II.So my question is how i can run this embedded system platform made of
    polis.0.4 and ptolemy II.3x!
--------
Polis uses Ptolemy Classic, otherwise know as Ptolemy 0.x.

The most recent released version of Ptolemy Classic is Ptolemy 0.7.1
Ptolemy 0.7.2 is available to developers, but it is not as polished
as I would like, so we have not done a full release of 0.7.2.
I can send you information on how to download Ptolemy 0.7.2.
I have not tried installing Polis, so I can't say whether it would
work with 0.7.1 or 0.7.2.

The Ptolemy II faq at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIfaq.htm

says:
--start--
What about compatibility with Ptolemy Classic (Ptolemy 0.7.x)?

    This FAQ covers Ptolemy II. The Ptolemy Classic FAQ can be found
    at http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyclassic/ptolemy.faq

    Ptolemy 0.x is fairly mature software in that the design is stable
    and mostly unchanging. The Ptolemy II software system is under
    active development.
  # They are written in different languages (Java vs. C++)
  # They have different file formats. Ptolemy 0.x uses Octtools,
    Ptolemy II uses a system based on XML
  # They have different user interfaces. The Ptolemy II UI is much
    easier to use than the Ptolemy Classic UI.
  # Ptolemy Classic works best under Unix. There is a Windows port of
    Ptolemy Classic, but it does not work well.
    Ptolemy II works under both Unix and Windows.
  # Ptolemy Classic can generate code for various DSP primarily using
    SDF semantics.
    Ptolemy II can generate code for non-hierarchical SDF models and
    for hierarchical Giotto models.

    For more information about the current status of code generation
    in Ptolemy II, see
    http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/doc/codegen.htm

    Various people have made efforts to use a different front end with
    Ptolemy Classic. See the Ptolemy Website Links Page for possible
    solutions, including:
  # MLDesigner 2.1 is a commercial product that was released in
    January 2002 and it includes a conversion utility from Ptolemy
    Classic models.
  # The PeaCE (Ptolemy extension as Codesign Environment) might offer
    some ideas and does have some software available.
  # The 2001 Ptolemy Miniconference had the following talk:

    "An Approach to Executing Ptolemy Classic Models under Ptolemy II"
    Ned Stoffel, Dwight Richards, Neil Smyth*, and Matt Goodman,
    Telcordia Technologies, Inc. (* Smyth is now with Altio).

    The slides for this talk can be found at
    http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/01/src/miniconf/Telcordia.pdf
    We are not sure if Telcordia has any software available for
    release.

--end--

In theory, you could interface Ptolemy Classic and Ptolemy II
and somehow use Polis, but this would be a fairly complex task.

-Christopher

Christopher Hylands    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  University of California
Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/GSRC         US Mail: 558 Cory Hall #1770
ph: (510)643-9841 fax:(510)642-2739           Berkeley, CA 94720-1770
home: (510)526-4010, (707)665-0131            (office: 400A Cory)