In comp.soft-sys, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dave from Dublin) writes:
--------
    I am quite new to Ptolemy and I am working a little in the DE domain.
    I cannot seem to find an actor that will perform the equivalent of an
    IF statement, i.e. an actor that reads from a single input channel and
    chooses which output port to write to, based on the value read (e.g.
    >5 write to port1, else write to port2).  Is there an actor to do this
    or is there another way to implement this kind of functionality?
    Any help greatly appreciated,
--------

This sounds a bit like Dynamic Dataflow (DDF), which is not supported
in Ptolemy II.  In SDF, having an actor that fires to a different port
depending on its value makes it difficult to figure out the balance
equations.

You could try using a Comparator connected to a BooleanSelect or
BooleanSwitch.  Comparator is found under actor library -> logic
BooleanSelect and  BooleanSwitch are found under actor library ->
boolean flow control -> boolean flow control.

Someone else might have a suggestion.

-Christopher