BERGERO Didier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have 2 (newbie?) questions :
>
> *     While waiting for e-ptolemy, with Ptolemy II and in the same
> simulation, how to use local actors and remote (distributed) actors ? : use
> of applets...

I'm not sure what e-ptolemy is in this context.

There are some actors that use jxta in $PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/jxta

We have some corba actors, though they have not been released.

We are starting to look at Grid computing, but we do not have any
results to report yet.

Use of applets is covered in
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/papers/03/ptIIDesignSoftware

> *     and how to reuse legacy application e.g. how to wrap C,FORTRAN,ADA!!
> code to be an Ptolemy II actor ?

Ptolemy II 3.0.2 includes an interface that uses JNI, see
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII3.0/ptII3.0.2/jni/doc/JNIActorHelp.pdf

See also the matlab actor in $PTII/ptolemy/matlab

-Christopher