Dear Hackers,

I am new to Ptolemy.  I am intrigued by Ptolemy particularly because if is
freely available and I can use it both personally and at work.  I would like
to simulate a radar system with it.  I am having a little trouble deciding
which domain to use.   What I am would like to do is set up is some sort of
a system with a master clock that fires the transmitter, and delays to
simulate ground returns and system timings that will all be off of a master
clock.  There will be digital track loops who will all be synchronous with
this clock.  I there a good domain to accomplish this ?  I am having a
little trouble figuring out how to do to system timing.  I long for a way to
have stuff happen on clock edges as an event.

Also, I have access to matlab/simulink but I am a mathcad user, so I am kind
of the decision point as to what I should invest my time in learning.  I
also have access to vissim which came with my last Mathcad.   Will Ptolemy
be around for a while and be supported ?  Does it compare well with these
other tools ?  I know this is like asking a politician who I should vote for
but anyway...

Also I tried to get into the ftp site to look up the archives but didn't get
in.

browser but this didn't work.  Please forgive these questions, I know they
probably sound trivial to you all.

Regards,

Tim