Hi Chuck,
To get multiport ordering, you would need to build Ptolemy II from CVS, see
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal

The multiport visualization work is not present in 5.0.1.

In principle, we are working on an upcoming Ptolemy II 6.0 release.
The release will feature the codegen work using templates, the
rendezvous domain and Viptos.

I'm hoping to have something shippable in June.  I've been waiting
until the codegen stabilizes before deciding on a release schedule.
Codegen will stabilize on May 19, when one of our primary codegen
developers (Jackie) finishes up.

Kepler is also shipping a release at some point.  Kepler is using
the Ptolemy II CVS head, so many of the changes between 5.0.1 and
now will be in Kepler.

The QueueOutsideMIC.xml model works for me in the CVS devel version
but fails under 5.0.1

_Christopher

--------

    Hi Hackers,

    At the end of his post on 23 Feb 06, responding to Erwin De Ley, Prof.
    Lee writes:

    "The latest version does visually indicate channel ordering at a
    multiport." I'm not

    seeing how to get this to work - I'm using Pt 5.0.1. The plotter in the
    demo model

    "HysteresisWithRandomDelay.xml" has multiple relations into its
    multiport; hovering

    over the port graphic, for example, doesn't seem to indicate anything.

    I'm trying to understand more of how things get wired on the fly when
    using the

    MultiInstanceComposite. The enclosed model gives an error "Attempt to
    link a bus

    relation to a single port". I'm finding this quite hard to diagnose.
    Another error down

    in the FSM is currently suppressed ("output port q_out must be connected
    to a multi-

    port...").

    I am starting to poke around in the MIC (and related) source, and slowly
    making my

    way through more of the manual, but I was wondering if anyone has any
    immediate

    advice on this one.

    All help continually appreciated,

    Chuck Lutz

    Lockheed Martin

    Systems of Systems - Modeling and Operations Analysis

    BMC4I Modeling and Simulation

    Moorestown, NJ

    (856)638-7234 (office)

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    "Everyone spoke of an information overload, but what there

    was in fact was a non-information overload."

    - Richard Saul Wurman