On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 07:52:02PM +0100, Juergen Kilb wrote:
> attached is a patch against SVN revison 7889.
>
> I had problems with the openssl rule and found out, that the THUD
> variable was not set. The reason was the 'ifneq' statement which
> should set THUD.

Are you sure? Because it works here. It may happen that you'll have to
run 'ptxdist platformconfig' again and just save the result; we have
recently added support for strange platforms like blackfin that need
different toolchains for u-boot, kernel and userland; if you run the
command above, the corresponding variables should be set magically.

> "ifneq ($(and $(PTXCONF_ARCH_ARM),$(PTXCONF_ENDIAN_LITTLE)),)"
>
> Let's say PTXCONF_ARCH_ARM and PTXCONF_ENDIAN_LITTLE is 'y'
>
> so it is expanded to
> "ifneq ($(and y,y),)"
>
> "and y,y" will return y and $y is expanded to 'nothing' so 'nothing' is equal
> to 'nothing' and THUD is not set.

Please check "info automake":

`$(and CONDITION1[,CONDITION2[,CONDITION3...]])'
     The `and' function provides a "short-circuiting" AND operation.
     Each argument is expanded, in order.  If an argument expands to an
     empty string the processing stops and the result of the expansion
     is the empty string.  If all arguments expand to a non-empty
     string then the result of the expansion is the expansion of the
     last argument.

So the arguments are expanded as you described, the $(and) function expands to
the expansion of the last argument (y), which is != nothing.

Should be right. Stand alone example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat Makefile
BAZ=$(and $(FOO),$(BAR))

all:
        @echo $(BAZ)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ make FOO= BAR=

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ make FOO=y BAR=

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ make FOO= BAR=y

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ make FOO=y BAR=y

Q.E.D.

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9