Juergen Beisert wrote:
Hi Gary

On Freitag, 15. August 2008, Gary Thomas wrote:
I'm trying to run the latest SVN (r8744).

Where do I get [sample/starting] project files?  I tried to
just use some old ones, but no-go.  These were ptxconfig files
I used roughly 6 months ago with the SVN version of that time.

Any pointers/help to get me off the dime would be appreciated.

Currently I'm going to test new generic projects. But its not finished yet. Perhaps the first pieces of the new FAQ will help you.

New FAQ?  I didn't see a pointer to that on the web page.

I followed the process [below] and got something to build.  It would be
nice to see an example setup/prject, even if incomplete.

How do I save my setup(s) so the next time around I can just "clone"?

Migrating a ptxdist-1 project into a ptxdist-2 project.

To convert a ptxdist-1 project into a ptxdist-2 project simply copy your
old "ptxconfig" file into the files "selected_ptxconfig" _and_ "selected_platform". After that, run a "ptxdist platformconfig", check if everything is set up correctly*) and save these settings. All in the platform unused symbols will now be discarded and the remaining required symbols and their values are saved to the "selected_platform" file.

I had to edit the version strings to get this to work.

Repeat the same with "ptxdist menuconfig". In this case all for userland
configuration unused symbols are discarded from the original "ptxconfig" file
settings and the remaining are saved to the "selected_ptxconfig" file.

Now you have successfully separated platform and userland configuration. This
is the main configuration ptxdist-2 uses.

*) At least if you are using Busybox as your shell environment you must check
carefully if all settings in the previous Busybox version are still present.
Each version of Busybox changes various used symbolnames, so it could happen
that some settings are lost during the transition.

How to set up a ptxdist-2 project and still have the feeling it's a ptxdist-1 project:

- Omit the platform name (e.g. keep this menu entry empty)
- Open the "selected_platformconfig" file with an editor and search for
  SYSROOT_TARGET, SYSROOT_HOST and SYSROOT_CROSS. Replace their default
  settings with:
  For SYSROOT_TARGET: ${PTXDIST_WORKSPACE}/local/${GNU_TARGET}
  For SYSROOT_HOST: ${PTXDIST_WORKSPACE}/local-host
  For SYSROOT_CROSS: ${PTXDIST_WORKSPACE}/local-cross

With these settings you get the same directory structure in a ptxdist-2 project than with ptxdist-1.

How to retain the old behaviour of ptxdist-1 in my ptxdist-2 project while
handling local sources instead of source archieves?

Keep the <packetname>_SOURCE variable empty in your local source rule file.

Thanks