On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 12:14:45PM +0100, Carsten Schlote wrote:
> > -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
> > Then it could be easy to read/write files in /proc/sys directly, unless you
> > found some sysctl entry which does not have its equivalent in /proc/sys. Is
> > it the case? Otherwise, it should be only matter of script(s) modification.
>
> Sure, and i'm going to replace the stuff.
>
> But patch 28 just introduced the installation of sysctl.conf after installing
> sysctl. This should be no problem at all and either uses an empty generic
> file or a user version from project root.
>
> In case you install sysctl for your project, the startup system will check
> for this config file and call sysctl.

I'm perfectly fine with that. I'd just like to see no PROCPS_SYSCTL
in PTXdist config files at all, which is rather hard because
1) we are importing Busybox' version anyway
2) people won't understand it was removed for their own good ;-)

So lets individuals decide and document it.

        ladis (thinking enlighted autocracy is the only right form of
governement)