On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 09:08:50PM +0100, Carsten Schlote wrote:
> Hi Remy,
>
> > > ? ? ? ?prompt "udev ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?"
> > > + ? ? ? select HOST_GPERF
> > > ? ? ? ?select ROOTFS_DEV
> > > + ? ? ? select ACL
> > > + ? ? ? select USBUTILS
> > > + ? ? ? select LIBUSB_COMPAT
> > > + ? ? ? select PCIUTILS
> >
> > Why are these dependencies fixed?
> > Does not sound like a good idea to force PCIUTILS either when running
> > udev on ARM that does not have PCI support...
> > This patch wrongly assumes that every board using udev also has PCI
> > and USB support... So, why USBUTILS, and LIBUSB_COMPAT?
>
> Because the libacl, libattr, libusb-compat, usb.ids and pci.ids are currently
> required to build some of the udev 147/150 plugins.
>
> So, we need to figure out how to disable some of the udev plugins
> and then make the select above dependent on a sub config option.

Take a look at patch I sent as response to your original one. It is
solved there, you just need to figure out which extra needs which
libraries. So you could for example write:
        select USBUTILS if UDEV__EXTRA_USB_ID
Note that udev-150 checks for glib when configured with --enable-extras,
but I do not see it selected.

> As all our targets have PCI and USB, I didn't checked this out to save
> compile time and target rootfs space.
>
> I will take a look on that.

        ladis