Hi,

I got some problem with a packet that stores it libraries in
/usr/lib/<pkgname>/lib<foo>*. This requires rpath-link options for the
linker and autoconf correctly creates the right options.

The patchin macro fixes up the configure and libtool config to not use
rpath-links. This helps with relocating libs to /lib or /usr/lib, but
also screws up some packets.

Possible workaround:
- use ldconfig to work around this problem on the target.
- use a .prepare stage without a call to patchin (my current
workaround).
- add some option to the patchin macro to stop fixups.

I tend to do the last. Any comments?

---

BUG: The patchin macro dislikes lonely autogen.sh scripts without any
quilt patch.
Workaround: Provide an empty dummy patch and series file.

Maybe this could be fixed together with the first problem.

A stand-alone autogen.sh script without any patches could be useful to
do more specific fix-ups after disabling the 'fixup' feature of patchin.

Any comments?

Carsten