Hi ptxdist users,

I'm currently attempting to build a linux kernel + userspace for a dedicated interactive application that is being developed. The application will run on a x86 PC integrated into the product. Since a display is attached, the desire is to have a graphic display shown to the user while the operating system application are starting up.

The issue I'm facing is how to ensure that usplash is the first application that gets started. Since it assumes the "/dev/.initramfs" directory exists and remains existant. However, when udev starts, the "/dev" directory gets cleaned and prepared for booting. I'm not sure how I can handle this problem, when using busybox-init. My current solution is to load usplash after udev has already started and create the "/dev/.initramfs" directory for it. However, udev takes a few seconds to populate the /dev directory and load all the modules.

Using the "initramfs" results in finally the entire project compiling. However I'm unable to get the initrd image I'm expecting. It seems I'm not understanding how that is exactly working.

Does anyone have experience with this or can guide me to a solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance!
--

With kind regards, met vriendelijke groeten, cordialement,

*Joris Dobbelsteen*

Source of your development.

Sioux Embedded Systems B.V.
Esp 405 | 5633 AJ Eindhoven | The Netherlands
KvK Eindhoven 17093039

T +31 (0)40 2677100
F +31 (0)40 2677101
E joris.dobbelst...@sioux.eu

Visit us at: www.sioux.eu

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this message may be confidential and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.