On 09/23/2010 12:42 PM, Flavio de Castro Alves Filho wrote:
Hello,

I am currently trying to build a ptxdist application for the Freescale
PowerPC MPC8313 RDB board.

I configured the linux kernel 2.6.34 using the
83xx/mpc8313_rdb_defconfig configuration file and compiled with the
gcc 4.3.2 from the OSELAS toolchain project for the powerpc-603e.

All the compilation works fine, from both kernel and root filesystem.
When I load the kernel to the board, the kernel is correctly load and
uncompressed but the boot does not occur. After the uncompression, it
hangs. The kernel is loaded in the memory position 0x1000000 and the
bootargs is "rw console=ttys0,115200 root=/dev/nfs".

Does anybody have any idea about what is causing this problem?

The console device should be ttyS0 (upper case matters)