Hello there,

I know this topic was discussed some time ago with no sufficient
solution for us. However I came across one more or less by accident
today.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:17:40 +0100, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 02:08:58PM +0100, Alexander Dahl wrote:
>> > It looks like "mainmenu" can only be used in toplevel config file with the
>> > latest kconfig. Just replace 'source "config/Kconfig"' with its content.
>>
>> I didn't want to put all the content from
>> /usr/local/lib/ptxdist-2011.02.0/config/Kconfig into my own config.
>
> Actually imho config/Kconfig is mostly a template to be copied. I do this
> for all projects. Maybe we can move stuff elsewhere, so it will change less
> often?

I wanted to avoid copying the Kconfig distributed because this would
have implied having to merge it with each ptxdist update or at least see
if there's something to merge.

>> source "generated/project_specific.in"
>> source "generated/fixme.in"
>
> This remains. It's just an example for whatever groups you use.

This is the key for my solution. I set the section in my rules/foo.in
file to 'project_specific'. This let's appear this automatically in the
ptxdist menuconfig on top, which is handy. Everything else we want to
have in our menu is included or sourced in this one rules/foo.in which
is the root entry of our menu extension now.

> I'd like to keep this too. In a real project I often rearrange things:

There's no need to change anything in ptxdist this way. :)

However if you want to solve it like this, the extending the menu guide
could be cut to the half. ;)

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)