Some progress on this topic:

Am 19.01.2012 15:37, schrieb Alexander Dahl:
> For doing this without ptxdist I create a folder ~/build/sysroot and
> tried cross compiling. Doing it like in the README this results in an
> error stating 'unistd.h' is not found. If I copy the content of
> /opt/OSELAS.Toolchain-2011.03.0/arm-v5te-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.5.2-glibc-2.13-binutils-2.21-kernel-2.6.36-sanitized/sysroot-arm-v5te-linux-gnueabi
> to ~/build/sysroot/ first, compiling succeeds (after manually cross
> compiling libusb and installing it to ~/build/sysroot).

I asked on the OpenNI mailing list [1] and it seems this will get ugly
because of patching their Makefiles with fixed path to the toolchain
lets my hackles raise. I guess there's no way of »dynamic patching«
depending on environmental things, I would have to hack something in the
extract rule maybe to not have fixed pathes in my patches.

To make a long story short, I'll see if the OpenNI community has
further ideas how to build this before starting a rant of using a cross
compile aware build system. ;)

Greets
Alex

[1]
https://groups.google.com/group/openni-dev/browse_thread/thread/7a9d1afc8c7cfbd1

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)