Hello Bruno,

> Yes, use the same U-Boot package for both bootloader and tools.
>
> Then we have the block device (emmc, etc.) vs. mtd[1] (NAND, NOR) support
> issue.
> As I see there are the following solutions:
> 1) Select fw_printenv/fw_setenv storage support based on define in board
> configuration, ex. CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC in mx28evk.
> 2) fw_printenv/fw_setenv support both storage technologies:
>   a) Add storage type parameter to /etc/fw_env.config
>   b) Autodetect storage type with strcmp() based on device name

As long as there is only one device for your platform, we should try to use the
install_alternative method to install
a project specific /etc/fw_env.config from <BSP>/projectroot. If there are
multiple locations for the environment a project specific way to set a link to
the config file to be used has to be implemented in the root FS

> [1] MTD: Memory Technology Device,
> http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/general.html
>

> Venlig hilsen / Best regards
>
> Kamstrup A/S <http://www.kamstrup.dk>