Hello,
Am 29.01.2015 um 21:23 schrieb Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia:
> Hi,
>
> If I understand correctly the auditing procedure before this patch would be:
>
> 1. Collect all existing files in state/<pkg>.license
> 2. Each .license file contains the license name (e.g. "GPL") -- use
> this to find the actual license text
> 3. Audit each license
>
> What would be the difference after this patch?

My goal is to have a single place where the licenses of the target packages
are collected (think of it like export_src for license information - license
names and license text).

Motivation:
- Some packages have additional clauses to the license text (Qt for instances).
  So it would be a benefit to have the text from the package.
- If you deliver binaries of a BSP (preinstalled or for download) some licenses
  force you to supply the license text with the binary
- In some cases non developers need to look over the licenses
- AFAIK other build tools (yocto, buildroot) has similar features

Hope this helps

Markus