Hi Michael,

there is no need to add a -dev package for luajit, at least not for installing on the target. When crosscompiling, the install stage of your rules/luajit.make effectively calls `make install` in the luajit source folder, which should install the development headers to <your-platform>/sysroot-target/. When other packages depend on luajit, they will look there for the includes and libraries to link against.

What is installed into the target root file system is different from that; your `targetinstall` stage is responsible for that and should copy all the files needed on the target to <your-platform>/root (e.g. by using $(call install_lib), $(call install_alternative) etc., see Section 5.2 in the PTXdist manual [1]).

Hope that helps!

 - Roland

[1]: http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic-arm-Quickstart.pdf