El jue., 2 ene. 2020 a las 16:15, Michael Olbrich
(<m.olbr...@pengutronix.de>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 12:53:36PM +0100, Roland Hieber wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 07:23:13PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> > > Let's say I have a package that requires a specific cmd line utility
> > > (e.g. openvt).
> > > This can be provided by two different packages (e.g. busybox or kbd)
> > > How to express that dependency in the .in file of my package ?
> >
> > PTXdist (or rather kconfig) does not have a notion of "provides" or
> > metapackages. I think is currently no way other than making a choice
> > option that selects the one or the other, or letting your config option
> > deoend on BUSYBOX_OPENVT || KBD_OPENVT. In the latter case it is
> > probably good to add a comment above it that depends on the opposite
> > value notifying the user that neither one of them is selected (see the
> > comment above IPTABLES_INSTALL_IPTABLES_APPLY in iptables.in for
> > example).
>
> Actually, the correct way to do this is probably:
>
>         select KBD              if !BUSYBOX_OPENVT && RUNTIME
>         select KBD_OPENVT       if !BUSYBOX_OPENVT && RUNTIME

What is exactly the meaning of RUNTIME? Why is it needed here?

Apart from that. What about the following:

select KBD            if !BUSYBOX
select KBD_OPENVT     if !BUSYBOX
select BUSYBOX_OPENVT if BUSYBOX && !KBD_OPENVT

This would prefer the Busybox version of openvt if none is explicitly
selected and Busybox is already present (thus avoiding to pull in the
kbd package if we can avoid it)

Best,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodrig...@gmail.com