El jue., 13 feb. 2020 a las 15:32, Ahmad Fatoum
(<a.fat...@pengutronix.de>) escribió:

> On 2/13/20 3:28 PM, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:
> > On 2/13/20 3:25 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:

> >> Ok but that's specific to that particular configuration, and the
> >> choice of directory also seems to be arbitrary.
> >
> > You got to standardize on something. If this is good, a
> > $(PTXCONF_SYSROOT_FIRMWARE)
> > might be a good thing to agree on.
> >
> >> Does this belong in a generic rules file ?
> >
> > How would that look like?
>
> Ah, you mean this is too specific that it shouldn't be in tf-a.make?

Yes.

> Well, Some Zynqs do this as well. If you are embedding OPTEE in TF-A, you
> will need
> to save optee somewhere too. It's not a niche use case. The split between
> install

For cases like this (optee) you're going to need to amend tf-a.in
anyway because you need to add dependencies (you mentioned this
yourself in a previous email)

> and target-install is just because so many vendors have their own idea of
> where the TF-A
> comes from. If most of these can be made to work by installing the file to
> sysroot along
> with the IMAGEDIR, so why not do so?

If it really covers "most of these" use cases, then I guess it may make sense.

Still -- shouldn't it at least be optional?

Guillermo

--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodrig...@gmail.com