“IN 1947, THE AUSTRALIAN POPULATION WAS JUST 7.5 MILLION;
IT WAS NINETY PERCENT ANGLO -CELTIC”

The preamble of the Constitution is meant to reflect the reality and the
character of a nation. But in today’s politically correct Australia there
is one reality and character that cannot be discussed -- this is WHITE
AUSTRALIA. It is true that Aborigines were here before the white man but it
is also true that the white man built Australia into what it is today.

A more specific truth is that those people that built Australia were not
immigrants, they were Anglo Celts, they were the British race. Paul Sheehan
in  Among The Barbarians stated it as follows :

“The half century 1947-1997 saw a social revolution in Australia that was
bloodless, democratic and open-minded. In 1947, the Australian population
was just 7.5 million; it was ninety percent Anglo -Celtic; it was
ninety-nine percent European; the Aboriginal and Asian population combined
were less than one percent of the overall population; public policy still
enshrined White Australia, which had helped define the nation since
independence; links with Asia were minimal; the British Privy Council was
still the ultimate court of appeal. Aborigines did not have citizenship,
and had barely any role in society[emphasis added].” (P39)

So the simple fact : until after the Second World War Australia of
essentially of totally  British stock, the culture was English and the
relevant  civilisation was Anglo Saxon. The political system was the
English Westminster System, the law of the county was the English common
law and the religion was Christianity. As Paul Sheehan makes clear this had
been the case from 1788 until very recent years.

This is a truth. If it is true to say that the trees belonged to the
aboriginals it is equally true to say that everything that the eye could
see in 1950, that had been built built by human hands, had been built by a
single culture and a single race. But this is one truth that cannot be
placed in the preamble. No we cannot do that as that would racist. No, it
is not racist to say that the aboriginals were here first. It is only
racist to declare in the Constitution the name of the people whose
ingenuity and hard work built the country.

In the spirit of truth The National Watchman presents an ALTERNATIVE
PREAMBLE FOR AUSTRALIA. Is is based on John Howard's miserable efforts
which would have been introduced should we, unwisely, elected to have a
Republic.

THE NATIONAL WATCHMAN'S PROPOSED PREAMBLE FOR A FUTURE REPUBICIAN CHANGE

"With the sure knowledge that real hope only lies in God, the Commonwealth
of Australia is constituted from a continuing Constitution which recognises
our humble reliance on the  Creator’s blessings. From this foundation and
with respect to His fundamental laws Australia provides an equal
sovereignty to all its citizens who are woven together of people from many
ancestries and arrivals.

Since time immemorial our land has been inhabited by Aborigines and Torres
Straits Islanders, with an ancient and continuing culture. However one
people, the Anglo Clets of British stock, shaped the destiny and culture of
Australia. These people defined the spirit of the nation, the ‘Australian
Spirit’, which is summarised in mateship.

This ‘Australian Spirit’ created an egalitarian culture were all are equal
and treated with fairness. Australia is an oasis separated from a world of
confusion and poverty. Millions have come to our great country for the
sanctuary of the  "Heritage Culture". This culture, having given so much to
so many, is the secret treasure of Australia that must be nurtured and
protected through the ages.

Today Australians are free to be proud of their country and heritage, free
to realise themselves as individuals and free to pursue their hopes and
ideals. We value excellence pursued in a spirit of fairness and the
independence of the ‘Australian Spirit’.

The ‘Australian Spirit’ only evolved as it was protected under an Imperial
system respecting the common law rights of the Australian citizens; its
evolution is Australia’s democratic and federal  system of government which
exists under law to preserve and protect Australians who abide with and
respect the laws of our great country. Today the physical resources of the
world's largest island continent and the ‘Australian Spirit’ are protected
and maintained by a Constitutional Crown free of political interference.

In this spirit we, the Australian people, commit ourselves to the
Constitution.

Kerry Spencer-Salt B.E., LL.B (Hons)
The National Watchman
Australian Community Organisation