Hi again,

On 19.03.2009, at 14:58, Tom Heath wrote:

Hi Knud :)

2009/3/19 Knud Hinnerk Möller <knud.moel...@deri.org>:
Hi Tom,

great stuff, and nice you're using some of our swc vocabulary!

Once a <http://data.semanticweb.org/ns/swc/ontology#DogfoodTsar>
always a <http://data.semanticweb.org/ns/swc/ontology#DogfoodTsar> ;)

It's an unliftable curse!

I'd love to
import the data into the dog food site - the more data we have there, the better. However, as your data is at the moment, only the people would show up as resources on our site, since everything else is in the ldow namespace.

Good point!

Do you think you could generate an xml file as described in [1]? That would make the import task easiest and would generate RDF that integrates nicely
with the rest of the dataset!

No sign of [1] in your mail, but I think I follow you. So am I ok to
modify my script to mint URIs in the following namespace?
http://data.semanticweb.org/workshop/ldow/2009/

ooops... [1] was supposed to point to
http://data.semanticweb.org/documentation/user/faq#how_to_add

You are absolutely ok to mint URIs in the dogfood namespace, as long as we manage to get the data into the site afterwards! The easiest way might be to produce the XML files as outlined in [1] (this time the link is really there! ;), but we should also manage to get it to work by adding the right triples in your RDFa. I should write up a list of triples that are necessary for the dogfood UI to make sense of the data - everything can be loaded, but not everything displays nicely at the moment.

One comment about the modelling. You say:

<http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2009/papers/ldow2009_paper11.pdf> a
swrc:InProceedings .

Would it not be nicer to have a separate URI for the paper and then link to
the pdf? E.g.:

<http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2009/papers/ldow2009_paper11> a
swrc:InProceedings .
<http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2009/papers/ldow2009_paper11> swrc:url
<http://events.linkeddata.org/ldow2009/papers/ldow2009_paper11.pdf> .

What do you think?

Yes, good point, this would make good sense. I'll make these
improvements when I have a spare moment.

Very cool.

Before I spend too long on
that though, are there plans that you or anyone else knows about to
RDFize the data about all WWW2009 workshops etc? Would be a shame to
duplicate effort, though providing it at source does have a lot of
appeal.

I just asked Daniel Schwabe if he knew if we could repeat the process from last year (take EasyChair data, convert with our script) for the main conference data. Let's see what comes out of that. I don't know anything about the workshops, though. I'd say there are three possibilities at the moment (in increasing order of effort involved):

1.) If you use EasyChair, take the data from there and convert with existing script. You need access to the XML output of EasyChair, though. 2.) send me the data in XML as per [1], so that I can convert it with the same script. 3.) generate the RDF yourself. That will probably need some iterations to get it right (or I will have to make the dogfood URI more robust!)

Incidentally, I think there are some errors in
<http://data.semanticweb.org/workshop/LDOW/2008/rdf>. AFAICR there are
no hasAcronym and completeGraph properties in SWC.

ouch, you spotted my vocabulary hacking there... those two properties are additions I came up with, which are unfortunately not yet reflected in the vocabulary source online. I'll correct that asap.

Cheers,
Knud

Cheers,

Tom.