Hi all,

Le 18 juin 09 à 03:48, Danny Ayers a écrit :

2009/6/18 Bernard Vatant <bernard.vat...@mondeca.com>:

- The date seems to me a very important piece of information, in particular if you look at tags from the vocabulary management, and/or search engines viewpoint. First, labels change more often than concepts, and second, a search engine would be happy to leverage on date information to show trendy concepts and tags. Which concepts were used as tag today or in the past
week/month/year.
- And to follow François, I'm very surprised not to find any "taggedBy"
property in the vocabulary.

I'm won over by the arguments for offering support for the date, but...

That said, why not use simply dc:creator and dc:date to this effect?

Right. dc:date would seem a good choice, though I reckon foaf:maker
might be a better option than dc:creator as the object is a resource
(a foaf:Agent) rather than a literal. While it's likely to mean an
extra node in many current scenarios, it offers significantly more
prospect for linking data (and less ambiguity).

I would also suggest foaf:maker.

btw, has anyone had chance to revisit the mappings?

I just reply to an e-mail from Toby on the topic on the commontag ml.
Since the archives are not yet public, let-me repost my point about the mappings here.

"A Tag in common tag is a tag a seen in Newman's ontology.
If you look at [2], a ctag:Tag is used to annotate a resource with a ctag:tagged property, as done in Newman's ontology with tag:Tag and tag:taggedWithTag The thing that may be disturbing (but not wrong imho, that's just another way of modeling) is indeed the tagging date, which is related to the tag in CommonTag, but was related to the tagging action (tripartite model) in Newman's model.

Hence, the current mappings are right if you follow that convention, I will do some schemas from the mappings file to explicit that.
"

Best,

Alex.

[2] http://commontag.org/Image:Commontagmodel.jpg