2010/3/10 Paul Houle <ontolo...@gmail.com>

> Specific proposal for RDFa embedding in HTML
>
> Ok,  here's a strategy for embedding RDFa metadata in HTML document <heads>
> -- make the <head> of the document be a valid XHTML fragment.
>
> Here,  now,  I'm going to write something like
>
> <head xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; xmlns:dcterms="
> http://purl.org/dc/terms/";>
> </head>
>
> Because the content of the <meta> area is so simple,  compared to other
> parts of an html document,  I feel comfortable publishing a valid XHTML
> fragment for the head.  My understanding is that the namespace declarations
> will just be ignored by ordinary HTML tools (as they are in
> backwards-compatible XHTML documents) so there's really no problem here.
>
> This does bend the XHTML/RDFa standard and also HTML a little (those
> namespace declarations aren't technically valid) but I think we get a big
> gain (even a Turtle-head can embed triples in an HTML document) for very
> little pain.
>
> Any thoughts?

This seems sensible.  I did have the idea of dumping a whole bunch of RDFa
triples in the footer, and setting visibility to zero, but if you can do it
safely in the head, problem solved!   We're back to the old days of putting
meta data in the head of a document.

This works for the rel attribute, but what about for property?

One nice thing about RDF is that it's a set, so if you put a full dump of
triples in one area, even if there's a dup somewhere in your markup, a
parser, should remove duplicates.