On 16 July 2016 at 06:21, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verbo...@ugent.be> wrote:

> Hi Sarven, Phil, Rob,
>
> > Are there mediatypes that map to application/ld+json with a profile?
>
> This begs the question why one would want to do that.

This was investigated by the WG.  Over a period of time the pros and cons
were collected, and the cons firmly outweighed the pros:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Media_type_for_AS2

However, there is a small but vocal contingent in the WG hostile to Linked
Data.  For example, one comment from the chair on this topic that was
unqualified was "JSON-LD is a non starter".

Ultimately this bespoke mime type got voted through IMHO against general
consensus, and common sense, and without looking at the evidence collected,
which is something that I mentioned in the minutes.

So we're stuck with a CR at the moment this is "sort of" linked data, but
not quite.  It's a real pain.