Hi Don,

I've updated the demo web page with information on this error. To try out
the demo, you need to allow my web site (thefigtrees.net) the privilege to
read data on other web sites (in this case, sparql.org). To do this,
follow these instructions:

"""
Failed to get privilege ?UniversalBrowserRead to open ...

    * Firefox security won't in general let a script from a given DNS
domain (like www.thefigtrees.net) read web data from a different domain.
To change this,
         1. Type into the main browser URI bar "about:config" and hit
return to get to the config page.
         2. Scroll down to the line which says
signed.applets.codebase_principal_support ... user set ... boolean ..
false and double-click it to change it to 'true'.
you whether to allow the script to access arbitrary web pages, agree. You
probably want to check the "remember the answer this question" box.

      Note that this is reducing the security of your browser. You end up
allowing any web page on the site to read data from the web, which could
include data from inside your firewall.
"""

These instructions are copied from
http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlCalendarDemoUsage . Note that you are not
granting this privilege for all websites -- the configuration change
simply makes Firefox prompt you when a website requests the privilege
(rather than denying it out of hand).

In any case, I'd love it if you tried these steps and then gave the demo
another shot.

thanks,
Lee
--
Lee Feigenbaum
IBM Software Engineer, Internet Technology Team

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 08/17/2006 10:09:58 AM:

> Sean,
>
> I’m getting an error when I enter p53 and click on the Find Proteins
> button. It says “Failed to get privilege UniversalBrowserRead to open
> http://sparql.org/sparql, A script from http://thefigtrees.net was
> denied UniversalBrowserRead privileges.”
>
> I’m using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.
>
> Don

Lee!

http://www.thefigtrees.net/lee/blog/2006/08/life_sciences_on_the_web_with.html