Jim Ley wrote:

"Christophe Jolif" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Even though you can always imagine to find solution to workaround it. I think it is a bad idea to go to 4 without having a clear knowledge of what the status really is (successful or erroneous). Indeed bad or null XML can be due to a bug on the server, not necessarily a network error!

Currently I don't think we can avoid it, there's a lot of content that assumes there will always be a 4, and use it to enable/disable controls whilst the request is being made. If we make 4 optional then this content will break.

Yes, I'm unfortunately aware of that ;) That's why the only solution is to have an additional error handling stuff to detect erroneous cases... (maybe only in next version).

--
Christophe