On Apr 21, 2006, at 00:18, Mark Nottingham wrote:
Make it a SHOULD and twiddle your CR exit criteria to take it into account; in the long term, implementations will sort themselves out.

My thoughts exactly.

The real danger here is that the WG will be tempted to use the API to profile other parts of HTTP for convenience, or based on current implementations, as well. Please, don't.

Precisely. Anne raised concerns about exiting CR, but if we start profiling HTTP we'll never get out of LC. I can already hear the hordes clamouring "when you pry RFC 2616 from the impervious grasp of my cold, dead fingers".

I'd also note that Apache preserves the casing of HTTP method all the way through mod_cgi.

That's the case with all the server-side implementations that I'm aware of.

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist