Hi, Chaals-

Charles McCathieNevile wrote (on 6/3/08 4:46 PM):

The urgency is based on the fact that people are looking to implement, or update implementations, in part because this spec is an important base for XHR2. We have an upcoming face to face meeting beginning 1 July, where we plan to close any final issues. Microsoft's review has already taken a long time, and has been promised within the week.

However I note the request in private for an extension received a week or so ago. Therefore, If the SVG group can please try to produce its review as fast as possible, we can grant the requested extension to 16 June.

Thanks, that's a reasonable explanation, and we will work to get our review to WebAPI as soon as possible (hopefully late this week or early next). For the most part, I believe that the current draft looks good, and we will be glad to be able to reference it in later versions of SVG.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI