Lachlan Hunt wrote:
Sean Hogan wrote:
I think a couple of those features are pretty low priority:

- I don't see the point of collective queries on NodeLists.
Are there any references for the proposal?
Otherwise I can't think of any useful queries that can't already be
achieved with a single querySelectorAll().

It was discussed a couple of days ago in IRC. It's based on the
functionality provided and needed by javascript libraries.

Sorry, I forgot to provide the link. The relevant discussion is spread out quite a bit throughout this log, beginning here.

http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20090922#l-1111

I've highlighted the relevant parts.

I couldn't see where it was needed, only that it was possible in jQuery.
I still can't think of any NodeLists that this could usefully be applied to that couldn't be achieved with a single querySelectorAll(). At least until we can create arbitrary NodeLists.