The draft minutes from the January 7 Widgets voice conference are available at the following and copied below:

 http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send them to the public-webapps mail list before 14 January 2010 (the next Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

             Web Applications Working Group Teleconference

   [2]Agenda

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 2010JanMar/0053.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-irc

Attendees

   Present
          David, Art, Steven, Marcos, Robin, Marcin_Hanclik, Marcin,
          Josh

   Regrets
          Frederick

   Chair
          Art

   Scribe
          Art

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
         2. [6]Announcements
         3. [7]Letter from ISO JTC1/SC 34/WG4
         4. [8]Status of URI Scheme spec
         5. [9]Status of View Modes Media Features (VM-MF) spec:
         6. [10]Status of Updates spec
         7. [11]AOB
     * [12]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010

   <Steven> oops

   <scribe> Scribe: Art

   <Steven> How many people are joining?

   <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

   <scribe> Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference

   Date: 7 January 2010

Review and tweak agenda

   AB: the draft agenda was sent out yesterday (
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/00
   53.html ). Any change requests?

[13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 2010JanMar/0053.html

   [ no ]

Announcements

   AB: WARP LC comment period ends Jan 13. Does anyone have any short
   announcements?

   [ no ]

Letter from ISO JTC1/SC 34/WG4

   AB: On 29 December, Mohamed ZERGAOUI sent WebApps an letter (
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/15
   00.html ) on behalf of ISO SC34/WG4. The letter notes some
   similarities between our widget packaging spec and their Open
   Packaging Conventions spec.
   ... I have not read the OPC spec; anyone read it?

[14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 2009OctDec/1500.html

   MC: I read it

   AB: anything you want to share about it?

   MC: during our req gathering phase, we discussed similarities
   ... I have refs to the original emails
   ... this was mentioned by IBM (JonF)
   ... it was at least 2 years ago
   ... a conclusion was that ISO should start a ISO ZIP WG
   ... but don't know if that started or not
   ... I think ISO should create an ISO ZIP spec
   ... it would be good to get a real ZIP standard
   ... and not just some PKWare spec

   AB: I recall those conversations with JonF on this subject

   <timeless_mbp> Zakim: +??p12 is me

   <scribe> ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from
   ISO SC34/WG4 [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-474 - Respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009
   email from ISO SC34/WG4 [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].

   AB: after I respond, Marcos, perhaps you can respond too

   MC: OK

   AB: anything else on this topic for today?

   [ no ]

Status of URI Scheme spec

   SP: should this ISO be coordinated via HCG?
   ... external coord typically goes thru HCG

   AB: good question
   ... I can forward it to HCG and seek comments

   SP: yes, a heads-up to them would be good

   <scribe> ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG
   [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-475 - Forward ISO packaging email to HCG
   [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].

   AB: Robin, what is the status of the URI Scheme spec (
   [17]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-uri/ )?

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-uri/

   RB: Larry replied on the TAG list
   ... also got some feedback from Jonathan Rees
   ... we need to continue discussions

   AB: so related discussions are happening on www-tag?

   RB: yes

   AB: we all have an action to contribute to the related discussion on
   www-tag
   ... I haven't been following that list
   ... anything else on this spec for today?

   RB: no; Larry's comments need to be discussed

Status of View Modes Media Features (VM-MF) spec:

   AB: would one of the Editors of the VMMF spec please give a short
   status of the spec ( [18]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/ ).

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/

   MH: last month I commented on VF's related input
   ... I am in the process of reflecting those comments in the spec
   ... but only a local copy now
   ... I will have something to review in a week
   ... the VF proposal included some interfaces
   ... that will need to be addressed in the context of the VM-I spec

   AB: any status on VM-I status to report?

   MH: it needs to be developed in paralle with VM-MF spec
   ... should be ready for a CfC on FPWD of VM-I within a week or two

   AB: an action to all to reveiew VM-I spec in the context of "is it
   ready for FPWD" (
   [19]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html )

     [19] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html

   MH: re, the VM-I spec, it resembles D3E spec
   ... I may move VM-I to ReSpec but D3E is probably too big to move
   ... I have been discussing this with Doug Schepers

   AB: any other comments on the VM specs?

   [ no ]

Status of Updates spec

   AB: anything to report on the Updates spec (
   [20]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ ) Marcos?

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/

   <drogers> sorry I have a small comment

   DR: re VM-MF or VM-I, doesn't have a Sec Consids sec
   ... will both have a Sec Consids section?

   MH: VM-I does not have such a section yet
   ... it's still early and one can be added

   DR: I'll look into what could be added

   MH: It's OK with me if we add such a section to VM-I

   MC: I expect to restart work on it next week
   ... hope to get it ready for a new pub by end of the month

   AB: any other status for today before AOB?

   [ none ]

AOB

   AB: would like to take a quick look at the Widgets pub status page (
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus#Widgets_Specificat
   ions ) and update accordingly.
   ... I last updated the table a few weeks ago
   ... any updates needed?

[21] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/ PubStatus#Widgets_Specifications

   [ none ]

   AB: any other business for today?
   ... voice confs
   ... frequency going forward
   ... last call for discussion topics for today

   <darobin> bye!

   AB: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG [recorded
   in [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from
   ISO SC34/WG4 [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]