12.11.2009, в 0:13, Anne van Kesteren написал(а):

It would however be consistent with WebSocket.URL, <input type="url">, url("image"), EventSource.URL, HTMLDocument.URL, etc. Keeping the author-facing APIs the same would be a good thing IMO.

EventSource.URL and WebSocket.URL have been renamed in the relevant specs to lower case since this discussion, which I think is unfortunate.

1. This doesn't buy us a lot of consistency, since document.URL is likely the most familiar of these APIs to many Web developers, and WebSocket/EventSource now use a different case for URL. 2. As we're trying to add consistency, we should take a path that makes us consistent with what's available on Document. One way to do that would be to support both url and URL in some interfaces. WebSocket, Blob and EventSource can support both URL and url if really necessary, but adding a "url" property to documents is likely to cause compatibility issues. 3. WebSocket.URL and EventSource.URL are already supported in shipping implementations. I think that there should be better reasons to change shipping APIs than we seemed to have had here. 4. Blob.url isn't shipping with any browser yet, as far as I can tell (Firefox 3.6.3 and Opera 10.54 don't have window.Blob; WebKit has it, but doesn't have Blob.url).

I think that WebSocket.URL and EventSource.URL should be changed back to upper case, and Blob should use upper case, too.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov