On 2011-11-15 15:13, Brian Kardell wrote:
Right now, the spec does however handle that use case by doing this:

  document.querySelectorAll(":scope .foo", x);

Where x is either an individual element, or an Array, NodeList or
numerically indexed object containing 0 or more Elements.

(It does however limit the result only to elements that are in the
document, and any disconnected elements in the collection x would not be
found.)

What spec are you referring to? I've never seen that and I am having
trouble finding it now.

It's in the draft of Selectors API Level 2.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api2/#nodeselector

See the refElement/refNodes parameters which specify elements matched by :scope.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/