I have an optimized SSE-based resampling library that I bolted in
PulseAudio. It was measured to bring a 2x speed-up over speex, mainly
because it uses fixed-tables instead of interpolations, the price being that
it can only be used for fixed-rate sinks/sources.
Since it's hardware-specific, I'd need a means to enable/disable it at
compile time, using some kind of voodoo magic in configure.ac. Does anyone
have pointers on SSE detection logic? To make things safe, I also detect SSE
at run time but would like to disable it completely for other non-x86 or
older platforms.
Thanks,
-Pierre