On 03/26/2012 11:54 AM, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
Hey David,

Op 26-03-12 11:30, David Henningsson schreef:
On 03/25/2012 12:59 PM, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
250 ms default fixed latency won't work well for some applications like wine.

Thanks for the patch. It seems reasonable to set the sink's latency to match
jack's latency, but jack_port_get_total_latency is deprecated and therefore
causes a compiler warning.

Would it make more sense to use jack_port_get_latency_range and
pa_sink_set_latency_range? Or maybe set the fixed latency to match the min or
max value of jack's latency range?
Yes I'm adding a call to a deprecated function, but that function is already
used if you look at the code. Because PA_SOURCE_MESSAGE_GET_LATENCY
and PA_SINK_MESSAGE_GET_LATENCY both use that call, I felt it made the
most sense just to use that call directly instead of changing it even more.

Right, but I want to fix those warnings, rather than adding more of them. (And I believe I'm not the only one who cares about trying to keep the build warning-free when possible.)

Would it be possible for you to look deeper into this issue, to figure out if there is a correct way to do the same thing but using a non-deprecated API?

Latency in general seems to be a bit of a headache with jack though,
how should the case where you have multiple ports with differing
latency requirements be handled?

Not sure what you mean here. If you refer to JACK's concepts of ports, I guess Jack will take that into account when it returns the latency to us?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic