I was thinking about working to improve the adaptive resampling module
(especially clock drifting handling module) studying the actual relation
with external code (as it has indicated in "rough" ideas for this GSoC)
and investigating the most known weaknesses.

I don't think the problem is really the adaptive resampling but rather the drift estimation. There is a need to smooth out variations in sampling rates that can be quite large and introduce quality issues. The current estimation based on latency measurements that result in immediate frequency changes can be refined (same for BT Sink btw)
-Pierre