On 13.04.2016 17:06, Raymond Yau wrote:

>> do loopback module assume sink is not running when it start source capture?
>>
> Sink and source are started independently. Source data is discarded until the sink-input has
> called pop() the first time.

But you cannot skip more than 9ms source data since you need 1ms( or 25ms fragment time when not using timer schedule mode) to capture

If you are using usb as source and hda as sink, hda fifo trigger dma transfer whenever the fifo fill level is less than fifo threshold, you need to fill 256 bytes at first write to avoid fifo underrun

Yes, if the source takes too long to start up, there will be an an underrun.
But as I said, I fill the memblockq with silence to the full requested
end-to-end latency before starting source or sink. This is usually sufficient
to avoid underruns at startup.
Additionally the new loopback code contains an underrun protection,
if the configured end-to-end latency is too small. After 3 underruns it
will increase the target latency by 5 ms until no underruns occur.