Hi chaps,

A happy new year to you all.

I want to turn my Ubuntu-Karmic-based eee-PC into a Bluetooth stereo headset
(eventually, the eee will be replaced by a car infotainment system). The eee
connects via Bluetooth to a mobile phone, which acts as an audio source for
the eee. The music played on the mobile is transported via Bluetooth to the
eee and comes out of the eee's speakers. That's the theory. In practise, the
streaming stops after 3-5 seconds and there is no sound any way.

>From the syslog messages (see attachment playmusic3.syslog), I see the
following:

   - At tag "###1", pulseaudio has successfully created an audio source
   "bluez_source.00_25_48_F5_D8_15".
   - At tag "###2", the audio stream seems to be set up correctly. The
   message is "module-bluetooth-device.c: Stream properly set up, we're ready
   to roll!".
   - At tag "###3", there are some problems setting rlimit's. I guess
   because pulseaudio runs in a per-user session and does not have the access
   privileges to change the rlimit's. I assume that the problem isn't really
   important.
   - From tag "###4" to tag "###5", pulseaudio tells alsa-mixer to look at
   profiles. It actually finds three supported profiles: ###4a -
   output:analog-stereo, ###4b - output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo,
   ###4c - input:analog-stereo. *Question*: What are these ALSA profiles
   used for?
   - At tag "###6", things seem to go wrong with the message "alsa-mixer.c:
   Unable to attach to mixer front:0: No such file or directory". But maybe
   this problem can be ignored, because the next line says "alsa-mixer.c:
   Successfully attached to mixer 'hw:0'".
   - At tag "###7", pulseaudio seems to fall back to some default sinks and
   sources (module-device-restore.c comes into play). That doesn't look good.
   *Question*: What's going wrong here?
   - At tag "###8", things start to repeat and it is the same steps and
   message as from tag "###1".

Any ideas what is going wrong in my setup?

It might be a bit of a wild guess. But do I have to set a sink in my
default.pa file?

I have also attached my ~/.asoundrc file, the output from *pacmd
"list-modules"*, and the output from *aplay -L*. My ~/.pulse/client.conf
file is empty and ~/.pulse/daemon.conf only contains the entries *log-target
= syslog* and *log-level = debug*. I don't have a ~/.pulse/default.pa file
yet. All the files are in the attached tarball.

Thanks for your help,
Burkhard