Op 16-5-2011 10:51, Tomasz Chmielewski schreef:
On 16.05.2011 10:43, duportail wrote:

Currently i use a script to set the users' default sink according the
display he is on, because you do not know which user is logged in on
which display.

I only have one sound card for all users, so I guess your scripts wouldn't help much?

I use a usb soundcard per display.I log in at each display to detect the sink of the usb soundcard that is for that display. Than a script to set the default sink per display, this script is called in the users' autostart function. If the user logs in, the script finds out what $DISPLAY and sets the default sink.
The .pulse dir should be empty.
I did some work regarding udev rules and consolekit stuff, but it is so difficult to re-configure remote systems if somehow a hub is broken or replaced on the computer.