Hello,

I'd like to store an output of a bash command into a variable, and then
print it to stdout using notify in Puppet.

Main goal: get a list of upgrade-able packages and notify the user about it.

I have tried the below but it doesn't seem to work:

$pkgs_list = $("/usr/bin/apt --simulate upgrade | grep '^Inst' | awk -F ' '
'{print $2}'")

notify { "STDOUT: ${pkgs_list}": }