On Jun 5, 2011, at 4:48 AM, Pavel Shevaev wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've finally managed to migrate our servers deployment process to the
> puppet and so far it works just fine. Puppet is great, but its default
> pull model doesn't fit our requirements. I'm thinking about usage of
> clusterssh(or something similar) in order to trigger the following
> command on the nodes:
>
> sudo puppet agent --no-daemonize --verbose --onetime
>
> In our setup puppet agent is not running as a service on the nodes.
>
> I think it would be really nice to have this feature available in the
> future versions of puppet, e.g:
>
> #puppet push
>
> What do you think?

As someone said, you can use something like mcollective to do it, or a
distributed ssh program.  What would you want in puppet, since I think you are
saying you don't want puppet running as a service?

If it's not running as a service, it can't be listening for a network
connection right?

Are you aware of "puppet kick"?