Douglas Garstang wrote:

This raises an interesting question. I had been doing something similar
recently, and I had implemented the hardening within the specific puppet
modules that they were related to. However, you've written a totally
separate module. Which is better?

I was specifically trying to provide an example of a module to apply a particular standard. I don't it makes much difference which approach you take. Although if you break the hardening into classes though you can make exceptions to which nodes they are applied.

Regards

James

--
James Turnbull