Registration for PuppetConf (http://www.puppetconf.com
) is now open and the first 50 registrants will receive a free copy of Pro Puppet!

We've got an awesome lineup of speakers [http://www.puppetconf.com/speakers] speaking on DevOps/Operations, Cloud Computing, and Puppet.

The conference takes place in Portland, OR on September 22nd and 23rd with seven training opportunities taking place in the three days prior to the conference. Our camp series has been incredibly successful over the past 2 years, growing form 60 to 200 participants and we've decided to grow the conference this year. We're broadening the appeal by adding tracks on cloud computing and on operations in addition to Puppet-focused tracks.

With regard to Operations, you'll hear from Pedro Canahuati, Facebook's SRE Manager, vocal DevOps enthusiasts John Willis, Damon Edwards, John Vincent, and Dave Connors, VP of Operations at Constant Contact.

You'll also get expert advice on getting started with Puppet from speakers like Martin Englund from VMware. Martin is fresh off a successful bake-off between Puppet and other CM tools and will be speaking about what it's like to bring Puppet into an enterprise environment. You'll hear from R.I. Pienaar, the author of MCollective. Additionally, our entire development and professional services teams will be attending the conference.

Another cornerstone of the conference will be our track on cloud computing. A wide range of talks touching on many of the leading cloud solutions will be presented along with expert tips for deploying and managing large cloud infrastructures. Jamie Cox will be presenting on Zynga's EC2 fleet and executives from Nimbula, Eucalyptus, Cloud.com, and Rick Clark, a founder of Openstack will give an insightful look into the future of cloud computing during a panel session. Over the course of the track we'll undoubtedly move closer to answering the question "What would the world look like if the size of your server fleet was entirely flexible?"

Portland is also a great town for a visit too with good beer, wine, food and some cool stuff planned for attendees.

We really hope you'll all come along!

Cheers

James