Douglas Garstang wrote:
> I know this is a crazy request, but I was kind of wondering why it was
> so hard for Puppet Labs to maintain the RPM spec file that comes
> contained in the release tarball, so that modifications weren't required
> to actually get it to build. Crazy huh?
>
> For example, the SPEC file contains this...
>
> Version:        2.7.2
> Release:        0.2.rc1%{?dist}
>
> but the release is 2.7.3. Also 'rc1' is hard coded in several places,
> and so forth.

Douglas

Patches are always welcome. If you update it or change it then send a
pull request and it'll be more likely to be up-to-date.

That being said I echo Mike's comments about it being a helper for
people rather than our primary role as the upstream developer.  My
preference is we focus on features and fixes rather than packaging
specification that is actually better handled by people downstream of us.

Regards

James Turnbull

--
James Turnbull