genkuro wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why the big version numbering jump for Puppet?  The
> releases go from 0.x straight to 2.x.

The big jump was because our release numbering was wrong - major
feature-heavy releases occurred within minor release numbering.  So when
we had a chance we changed the numbering up to properly reflect
feature/maintenance releases.

> Puppet looks great so far.  But documentation is sprawling.  It looks
> like 0.2.5 has been abandoned.  Any idea where I can find dedicated
> 0.2.5 docs?  Preferably online?

We have stopped issuing maintenance for 0.25.5 except for potential
security issues because more recent releases provide better performance
and features.

The reference docs for 0.25.5 are available at:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/0.25.5/

Generally speaking (where possible) the rest of the Docs site calls out
versions of specific features.

> I'm guessing the 0.2.5 -> 2.x migration must be common.  Can I expect
> this to be a slam dunk?

There are no major issues but testing is obviously recommended.  The
Puppet model is to upgrade the master first and then the clients.  We
guarantee backwards compatibility with older clients talking to newer
masters but not vice versa.

Hope that helps!

James

--