Are you having the problem after running 'puppet agent --test' a few times
or it just happens without any manual run ?

I was having the same problem some days ago, in my case because I was
running 'puppet agent --test', more specifically the --show_diff that is
used in --test was automatically generating a lot of output and causing the
puppet dashboard workers to fail and increase the processing queue.

Look at /usr/share/puppet-dashboard/log/delayed_job.log (or whatever your
dashboard location is) and check what error it is giving.

You can clean the queue manually without reinstalling everything:

service puppet-dashboard-workers stop
cd /usr/share/puppet-dashboard
rm -f spool/*
rake jobs:clear RAILS_ENV=production