Well I figured it out. In `application/master.rb` line 142, puppet is
doing `Signal.trap(:INT) ... exit(0)`, which prevents unicorn from
getting the signal and shutting down properly.
Why is this code there? Any reason I shouldn't be heading right over to
the bug tracker and entering in a bug report?

-Patrick