I think in this case it's an issue because Adobe puts version numbers in
the product name - it's not Acrobat Reader anymore, it's Acrobat Reader DC
or Acrobat Reader X, which leads to having to change two strings.
Definitely not a fan of their versioning scheme.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 8:15 AM Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinri...@recommind.com>
wrote:

> Am 09.12.2016 um 14:05 schrieb
>
> ratatapa:
>

> Thanks, but that would seem to be an issue for updates
>
> then
>

> No, that would be the version, not the name. Just read the docs
> <https://docs.puppet.com/puppet/4.8/resources_package_windows.html#package-name-must-be-the-displayname>
> :
>

> "The title (or name) of the package must match the
>
> value of the package’s DisplayName property in the
>
> registry, which is also the value displayed in the “Add/Remove
>
> Programs” or “Programs and Features” control panel.
>

> If the provided name and the installed name don’t match, Puppet will
>
> believe the package is not installed and try to install it again."
>

> HTH...
>

>     Dirk
>

> --
>

> *Dirk Heinrichs* | Senior
>
> Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline
>

> [image:
> http://mimage.opentext.com/alt_content/binary/images/email-signature/recommind-ot.png]
> <http://www.opentext.com>
>

> *Tel*: +49 2226 159666 (Ansage) 1149
>

> *Email*: dirk.heinri...@recommind.com
>

> *Skype*: dirk.heinrichs.recommind
>

> Recommind GmbH, Von-Liebig-Straße 1, 53359 Rheinbach
>

> Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer John Marshall
>
> Doolittle, Gordon Davies, Roger Illing, Registergericht
>
> Amtsgericht Bonn, Registernummer HRB 10646
>

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
>
> information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
>
> received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
>
> immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
>
> disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
>
> strictly forbidden
>

> Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
>
> geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat
>
> sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren
>
> Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
>
> Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
>
> Mail sind nicht gestattet.
>

> www.recommind.com

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/eb55769f-a375-6b88-b38c-191423990ef4%40recommind.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/eb55769f-a375-6b88-b38c-191423990ef4%40recommind.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>