Consider possibly these cases (which I have seen):

i) You are trying to track down an oddity in your puppet codebase, something
like a file_line resource and exec resource both managing the same file.

ii) You are trying to find a non-puppetized job which is fighting with puppet
to decide the particular composition of a file.

iii) You are having an outage and you are trying to figure out which change may
have caused this.

Will it add to your overall workload, and augment your ability to provide
stable customer-facing services, if you have some resources always listed as
changing? Will this help you to find the resources you need to focus on for
your particular task?

(Short version: do the full job now to prepare for the inevitable upcoming
crises.)